don't postpone joy

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

OYSTER

I'm sitting here shaking my head.
Just exactly WHO or WHAT is in control here? I see me just sitting around letting life control me. No can do. Well, I can do. I just don't want to do anymore. I'm thinking of people who we all know about.

William Jefferson Clinton...dope smokin' draft dodger (not many with honed charisma, like that though)
Nelson Mandela...transformed in a prison cell in Africa, of all places
Mohandas Ghandi...unknown lawyer...little guy in a diaper
Oprah Winfrey...youngest of six children; born on a farm, in Kosciusko, MS. in 1954(just when things were shitty shitty shitty for blacks)
Helen Adams Keller...http://www.afb.org/section.asp?SectionID=1&TopicID=129

Sheesh...I could go on and on. Why are people always looking for an excuse NOT to be happy or successful. Why they CAN'T do it. Reasons why it WON'T work. How does that bring joy to anyone?
Don't tell me that's just life.
That's just bullshit.
I'll tell you why I haven't been able to break the habit...fear.
You got it.
Although I am not enamored with my current situation, it's familiar to me. I settle for it, because I know what's gonna happen virtually every day. In order for anything in my life to be different, I must be the one to cause that difference. In order to do that, I must create a clearing for it to occur. In that clearing goes nothing. The past stays where it belongs, and leaves my new clearing open for any possibility. I must face my fear of rejection, failure, and success, head on. I have found that when I'm afraid of something, the more I stay away from it, the scareder I get.
Who said "the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself?"
My life has been full of my past, and things that do not bring me joy. Because of that, I don't have room when opportunities show up that I do have an interest in. There seems to be no time. When in fact, all I have to do is make the time. It's all up to me. !Halleleuja!
Do you want to be President, Dusty? Or is it something about what you would do in that position that appeals to you? You have a voice. We all know that. I believe you can use it however you see fit. Would you REALLY tell your newborn that he or she cannot do or be anything they want? Your words are so powerful. From the time you begin understanding words, until the day you die, language shapes your very being. It does take a special person to do great things, I agree. Which of of us is not special?
In the immortal words of Suzana...CAN'T never did anything.
I'll tell you this right now...we CAN do anything. More specifically, I can do anything.
Damn, I'm excited!

PS...I'm not the only one who is thinking in this direction...today I got these off of http://jodesmind.blogspot.com/

" All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it" Quote by Samuel Butler 1912.

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace". Quote by Albert Schweitzer.
She's thinkin dolphins, I'm thinkin humankind...

7 Comments:

At 12 October, 2005 10:34, Blogger daisyduke said...

don't sell yourself short, m'lady...masturbation inspires me sometimes, too!

 
At 12 October, 2005 11:53, Blogger Kurt said...

i'd make a comment about mel having her fingers in everything (she comments everywhere), but that might be inappropriate...
love you both.
There is a lot to be said for comfort too. Some of us have kind of a life "wunderlust" and some are content to exist. I am curious and interested in so much, but my wife is inclined to risk. I wouldn't say I'm never satisfied, rather I love new experiences too much to park it permanently.
But watching is cool too if you pay attention...

 
At 12 October, 2005 12:42, Blogger daisyduke said...

I agree wholeheartedly!!!
If you're content watching...get binoculars! knock yourself out! watching is ok...but personally, I'd rather partake in the action!

 
At 12 October, 2005 12:43, Blogger daisyduke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12 October, 2005 13:34, Blogger Jody said...

life can be what you make of it

 
At 12 October, 2005 15:58, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Good luck with all that unbriddled enthusiasm. Don't let anything slow you down! Vroom vroom!

 
At 13 October, 2005 10:32, Blogger Unknown said...

Ummmm.I am not used to being mentioned in a post..it threw me..i am speechless..which doesnt happen often..let me get back to ya on this one.. :) very powerful post dear woman..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home